Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Soul and Swag

A couple days ago I was invited to go to the Apollo Theater to see Amateur Night!
(This picture is way too dark, but I just had to document such a thrilling experience.)
My naivety got the best of me, because I really had no idea what this meant.
I soon found out this place has housed some of the most famous performers of all time, including:
MICHAEL JACKSON!
It was filled with more soul and swag than I knew existed.
Bouncin', and halleluja-in', and MM HMM-in', and clappin' and hip movin'
I should have taken my gangsta pills before attending. darn it.
Instead, my date came in a suit and tie, and I politely crossed my legs and folded my arms while giving a quiet quaint clap after each performer.
Just kidding. Kinda.
It was an awesome experience.
I felt honored to be in the same room that Michael Jackson was once in.
Which then reminded me that at this time next year I will hopefully be attending his
Cirque du Soleil Immortal Tour at Madison Square Garden.
Considering I bought the tickets a year in advance..
(thinking it was actually this year. Blonde moment)
I better book my flight now. and figure out the other 3 guests i'll be bringing.
I'll take any sort of bribes or pamper treatments..starting now.

2 comments:

  1. oh em gee! nothing has made me regret my whiteness more than my evening at apollo theater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reunion, next year!! We should. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete