Friday, October 7, 2011

Food, Friends, Family, and Favorites

Random recent activities:  (In no particular order)

I definitely dont pride myself on my cooking/baking skillzz. BUT I do pride myself on my DESIRE to be a better cooker/baker. So here you go. My pride has spilled into my blog.

I realized that it really really helps if you plan out every meal and dessert (because planning dessert is absolutely essential for at least 3/4 of your meals) at the beginning of the week. I also realize that probably almost every married woman already knows this. Bare with me. 

So here are a few fabulous fall foodies that will tingle your taste buds.
Blueberry Breakfast Cake!  Recipe found here! 

Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza. Courtesy of my Momma. 
Super easy. Get Boboli Pizza Crust. Drizzle honey and BBQ Sauce on the bottom . Put peppers, chicken, mushrooms, cheese etc. Cook for 15 min. at 400 Degrees. Boom Baby. 

This beauty is from Pinterest!  Coconut Banana Bread with Lime Drizzle. 
Mmm Mmm Mmm. Highly recommended. Find the recipe here!
 
Baking Banana Bread is essential for fall. (and Pumpkin Bread. But thats on the schedule for next week.)  First snow of the year called for a fresh hot loaf.  
The recipe I used was super duper easy!  and scrumptious. BAKE IT NOW! 


So along with my oh so domestic week, if I do say so myself. I also went to the Taylor Swift Concert with one of my BEST besties!  Ally!  One of the most beautiful girls I know. Inside and wut. 

I must admit. I love T-Swift even more now.
 Im  like obsessed with her now.. I  like totally want to be her.
jk.
But she is great. 
Ally and I bought T-Swift T-Shirts. 
Surrounded by 8 year old cowboy booted, curly haired blondes I couldn't have asked for more.

We met up with my high school friend Justin and dancer for Taylor.  It was a pleasure. 
I'm inspired now to become a star. 
Now I just need to figure out what I'm good at?  
Baking bread?  I could become the next Paula Dean. I do love BUTTER. 

In the midst of all the hustle and bustle...comes the best part of the week. LDS General Conference!
My family and I were able to hear from our prophet and apostles, who speak the word of God. 
TO US! TODAY!
What a blessing!  A privilege!  I am so grateful that we have a living prophet today, who can give us counsel and direction in these difficult and trying times. 

Plus!  Who wouldn't want to see this amazingly beautiful temple in Salt Lake City, Utah!
What a sight to behold. 

I dyed my hair. and then I took a myspace picture. To send to my mom. And you?
That's it. 

Sometimes I just can't get over the angelic beautiful of the Draper, Utah Temple.
and sometimes I can't get over how close I am to it everyday. 
If you haven't been able to go in here!  I highly encourage it. 

I painted my nails. and toes. Im obsessed with these colors. 
 Finger color: Essie Mochachino. Perfect for fall. 

I finally finished the first Hunger Games Book. People kept telling me it took them 24 hours to read all three. Well...it took me a month to read the first one..but at least I did it right?  
On to the next one. So far..it is a definitely favorite.

So there you go. Probably my most scatter brained post. Last week I also:
-Burned my hand twice.
-Moved into another room. That is WAY better. (Pictures coming soon.)
-Determined that the guy who fixed my car after my traumatic car accident is now in jail.
-Spent time with my mother!  Most amazing woman I know.
-Got rear ended.
-Went to target 5x.
-Wore toms on a rainy day. Never again.
-Had a candle fall on my head. (next necessary blogpost.)

No comments:

Post a Comment