Monday, March 14, 2011

The Ice Fisherman

Our last day in Boston we went to Walden Pond and Lexington and Concord.
For those of you who struggle with....learning and remembering....like me. I will gladly give you a quicky reminder:
1. Walden Pond was where Henry David Thoreau lived for two years to think, escape and write. He documented his woodland experience in Walden.


I hesitantly walked on the iced over pond, but only after I saw 4 of my friends hop on and after it was repeatedly confirmed to me that Mr. Ice Fisherman from Luxembourg (story soon to come) would gladly jump in and save me if i were to sink to the bottom.


This is Mr. Ice Fisherman.He was one of the most pleasant people I have ever encountered. He told of us his travels through Luxembourg, his grandchildren, and the art of catching the perfect trout.
And here it is folks. The contraption of a lifetime. Told to have caught some of the most delicious fish on the planet.


I learned a lot from this man. He was patient and kind. I like meeting people like that.
A bench in the pond.



Lesson #2:
2. The Battles of Lexington and Concord were the first two military engagements of the Revolutionary War. This is where "The shot heard around the world" was shot and where battle was declared.

It was peacefully beautiful. It brought back memories of 5th grade History with Mr. Helfrich and made me wanna get dressed up again as a militiaman and reenact the battles with my fellow elementary students.

No comments:

Post a Comment